Dragon Dictate for Mac is the ultimate productivity tool that enables you to save time and get more done. Dictate, edit, transcribe and control your computer all by using your voice. Dragon’s accurate speech recognition, customizable capabilities, easy-to-use interface and full transcription ﬂexibility means you get more done — at home, school or work — quickly and accurately. Accurate and fast speech recognition, plus versatile transcription capabilities all in one.
IGNITE PRODUCTIVITY WITH FAST, ACCURATE DICTATION
Say words and watch them appear on your computer screen — three times faster than typing — with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box. Correcting or revising your dictated text is simple with a new, more powerful correction interface that lets you quickly edit words or phrases. Dragon Dictate adapts to your voice and the words you use to deliver better recognition results over time. You can personalize Dragon Dictate with your own custom vocabulary of acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases that you frequently use. Dragon Dictate can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time. Review your work with Dragon Dictate’s Text-to-Speech feature, which reads back editable text for easy proofing or multi-tasking.
IGNITE CONVENIENCE USING YOUR FAVORITE MAC APPLICATIONS
Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 goes beyond simple speech-to-text, and gives you control in more applications so that you can simply speak to do more than ever before. Use Dragon Dictate in Mac OS X Lion or Mountain Lion with virtually any Mac application. Create and edit documents in Microsoft Word, TextEdit, Notepad and Pages, work with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel and Numbers, create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and Keynote, manage email in Mail, search the Web or your Mac desktop, post to Facebook or Twitter, and more – all by voice. Dragon Dictate’s new Express Editor lets you dictate into a text field in any application on the Mac for which it does not have Full Text Control. After you finish dictating, simply transfer the text from the Express Editor to the desired application quickly and easily by voice.
IGNITE PROFICIENCY & EASE OF USE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX
Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Dragon Dictate’s help menu is within reach with a simple voice command, so assistance is always available when you need it.
IGNITE FREEDOM AND COMFORT AT YOUR MAC
Say goodbye to repetitive stress injuries. Use your Mac in a comfortable, ergonomic way without being tied to your keyboard and mouse. Open applications or folders, select menu items, click or move the mouse, press keys, switch from one application to another or create custom voice commands to execute multiple steps by voice. Use your Apple® iPhone®, iPad® or iPod® touch (4th gen) or your compatible Android device as a wireless microphone over Wi-Fi for optimal convenience. Wideband Bluetooth support delivers outstanding wireless performance with no training required.
IGNITE MOBILITY FOR PRODUCTIVITY ON THE GO
Dictate into a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder or use the free Dragon Recorder app to capture high-quality audio files using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen). Dragon Dictate will transcribe the recorded audio files when you connect to your Mac. These mobile recording capabilities enable you to capture thoughts from anywhere, at any time while they’re still fresh in your mind to produce detailed, high-quality reports, papers, proposals, meeting minutes, and more.
Accurately transcribe an audio ﬁle of any single speaker’s voice from podcasts or pre-recorded audio ﬁles.
- Create transcription-only profiles to accurately transcribe based on recorded sources instead of requiring a live source
- Only a 90 second audio clip is required to create a profile for the speaker
- Great for college lectures, interviews, business users with recorded notes…and more!
- Transcribe from many different formats, including .mp3 audio files
- In addition to .aif .aiff .wav .mp4 .m4a .m4v
Multiple transcription sources allowed within a profile so one user can easily manage different recordings
- Expanded profile capability to allow multiple transcription sources per profile, making it even easier for one user to transition back and forth from personal dictation to one or more transcription files within the same project.
- Not only can you easily transcribe your own voice memos from a smartphone or portable voice recorder into text, but you can seamlessly mix and match transcribing from other recording sources
- You can keep all the customization and vocabulary from your profile without having to switch out to a different profile
Compose and reply to emails in Gmail using full text controls, doing dictation and editing natively without having to transfer any text.
In Safari and Firefox, use voice commands to control your Gmail inbox, giving you even more voice capability within popular applications.
- Use your voice to click on any visible link
- User your voice to open emails
Mix talking and typing with Full Text Control in Apple Pages 4.3.
MORE ACCURATE AND FASTER
Higher performance with drastically reduced latency and faster editing with pure 64-bit application and improved memory management capabilities.
Improved accuracy over version 3.x, with optimization for latest speech recognition technology
- Best Match V technology - the most advanced speech recognition algorithm in Dragon NaturallySpeaking that produces the highest accuracy. It performs multiple speech recognition passed in parallel on computers with multi-core processors and at least 4 GB of RAM.
WIDEBAND BLUETOOTH SUPPORT
Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones, and you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the Mac, Dragon Dictate offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started.
TRANSCRIPTION OF RECORDED SPEECH
It’s easy to transcribe your own recorded speech into text with Dragon Dictate for Mac 3. Simply establish a user profile for a digital voice recorder, and have Dragon Dictate transcribe your recorded voice quickly and easily. Supports .wav, .m4a, .m4v, .mp4, .aif, and .aiff audio file formats.
FREE DRAGON RECORDER APP
If you don’t have a digital voice recorder available to you, use our free Dragon Recorder app to record your thoughts using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (4th gen). Dragon Dictate will transcribe the recorded audio files when you are back at your Mac.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or faster processor - Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 recommended
- Free hard disk space: 3GB
- Supported Operating Systems: OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3) or OS X Mavericks (10.9)
- RAM: 4GB, 8GB+ recommended
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone for Mac.
Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process).