Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. With Dragon you can also use multiple audio device types within the same profile, meaning that you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalised preferences for accuracy and formatting. This is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at school, and your laptop’s built-in mic when you’re on the go. You have the option to use:
- Dragon remote mic; use your iOS (iPhone, iPod touch (4th gen), iPad or Android smartphone device as a wireless microphone over a Wi-Fi network. To get started, simply use the camera on your device to scan the barcode that Dragon provides on screen and download the free Dragon Remote Microphone App
- Built-in microphones on many of the latest laptops for optimal flexibility and convenience; you’re now free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset
- Wireless Bluetooth mic; Use a Nuance certified Bluetooth headset microphone for outstanding wireless performance and the freedom to move while working on your computer
- Any other Nuance-approved microphone. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information.
Even more accurate
- 15% more out-of-the-box accuracy than Dragon 12—means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever
- Learn from Sent Email tool now works with Web-based email such as GmailTM and Yahoo! Mail®—you have more potential sources to let Dragon familiarize itself with the words and phrases you might write
- The new Vocabulary Editor interface makes it easy to search Dragon’s vocabulary, add new words and customize each word’s unique properties
- The Vocabulary Editor lets you search on not only the written forms but also the spoken forms
- Smart Format Rules enhancements offer even more hints for alternative word written forms—now Dragon 13 adapts even better upon detecting your format corrections—abbreviations, numbers and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it every time
Faster than ever
Faster processors yield faster performance: Dragon 13 continues to enhance its ability to choose models and parameters depending on your computer’s resources to deliver the fastest performance
Easier than ever to setup
The entire profile creation process is now shorter than Dragon 12 due to the improved out-of-the box accuracy in Dragon 13:
- For the first profile, it simply assigns the profile name rather than asking you to enter a name— you can always rename the profile later
- Reading four minutes of text is no longer necessary—Dragon 13 is already accurate right out of the box. You can also go back later to read text to further train Dragon if necessary.
- Dragon 13 no longer asks you to adapt its vocabulary based on documents and emails during profile creation. If you wish to launch the analysis later, you have that option.
Simplified audio setup
- Dragon 13 automatically detects the best audio devices available— you simply select one of the recommended devices that you wish to use
- The microphone check takes a few seconds with just one screen of easy-to-read text
Better performance driven by the latest speech recognition technology
Dragon 13 is not only fast, but it is 15% more accurate than Dragon 12. By leveraging the latest advances in speech recognition technology, Dragon 13 delivers more accurate results, enabling users to be even more productive when working on their computers.
Increased freedom and flexibility with built-in microphonesupport
Dragon 13 supports microphones built into many of the latest laptops for optimal flexibility and convenience. You’re now free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset.
Even more powerful and versatile when working with browsers and web applications
Dragon 13 supports popular web applications in all major browsers. It delivers improved voice command and control, including Full Text Control when dictating in Gmail, Outlook® and Yahoo! Mail.
Easier than ever to use
A completely redesigned and enhanced user interface makes Dragon 13 more intuitive and easier than ever to use:
- DragonBar: The new DragonBar provides clearly indicated controls and automatically collapses when you’re not using it, taking up less real estate on your screen. You can use the DragonBar menu to customize its behavior. If you’re an existing Dragon user and you’re more comfortable using the classic DragonBar, you can easily switch back to it.
- Learning Center (formerly called the Dragon Sidebar): The Learning Center has been redesigned and enhanced. The top panel, open by default, contains essential commands and advice which automatically change as you switch context to different applications.
- Interactive Tutorial enhancements: The Interactive Tutorial has been redesigned and augmented. Its short, progressive simulations now also introduce the DragonBar, the Learning Center, the Vocabulary Editor, and important options, as well as basic Web navigation and use of Web-based email. It is automatically presented at the end of the profile creation process. Even experienced Dragon users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
Use the internal mic
Dragon 13 now supports microphones built into many of the latest laptops for optimal flexibility and convenience. You’re now free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset. For the most accurate results, we recommend the following when using your internal mic:
- Keep your consistent distance from the computer’s mic
- Minimize the ambient noise so it does not pick up stray sounds
Dragon 13 supports dictation with Full Text Control, as well as enhanced Command and Control, with Internet Explorer®, ChromeTM and Firefox®. In order to use Dragon in these supported browsers, you must enable the Dragon 13 browser add-on.
Dragon 13 has Full Text Control in supported text fields on the Web including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9 or higher, providing an enhanced experience when dictating, editing and formatting. Dragon 13 also has Command and Control for standard Web controls, links, and buttons, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, iCloud®, etc. in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Updated application support
Dragon 13 now supports the following application versions with Full Text Control:
- WordPerfect® X7
- Open OfficeTM Writer 4.1
- Operating System Support: The new DragonBar can be used in both of Windows 8.x interfaces— desktop and modern
- Acoustic Optimization: The Acoustic Optimization process has been enhanced to make it more convenient and easy to schedule
- Canadian English: Dragon 13 now offers support for Canadian English vocabulary
- RAM: Minimum 2 GB for 32-bit Windows 7, 8 & 8.1; 4 GB for 64-bit Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 and Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
- CPU: Minimum 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
- Free hard disk space: 4 GB (8 GB for electronic download)
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows 8 & 8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2012
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox for Online Help
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation (required if installed from disc)
- A Nuance-approved microphone. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information
- An Internet connection for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process)
Note: Supports Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013. Does not support dictation into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Practice Edition.