Enable greater productivity for clinicians all by voice
- Dictate 3x faster than typing with up to 99% accuracy
- Make fewer edits and get more work done
- Spend more time with patients
Accuracy for medical terminology
- Enhanced speech engine, with sophisticated acoustic and language models, ensures Dragon for Mac Medical quickly and accurately captures specific medical terminology.
- Vocabularies covering more than 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, to ensure proper clinical documentation.
- Dragon for Mac Medical adapts to the user's voice and words used to deliver better recognition results over time.
Support the way you work on Medical and other documents
- Use your voice to create and edit both appointments and medical record notes directly into EHR and other applications, improving productivity and quality.
- Although Dragon for Mac Medical works with virtually any EHR, it fully supports MacPractice version 5 for direct text control and dictation for a complete user experience on the Mac.
- Accurately dictate and edit documents, or control your Mac all by voice within popular web, email and desktop applications such as Microsoft Office or Gmail.
- Easily create custom word lists and macros for frequently used text, giving you the flexibility to customize Dragon for Mac Medical for the way you work. In addition, you can import and export your custom word lists.
- Quickly and easily create custom voice commands to insert frequently-used text. Save significant time when speaking a simple command to generate the full text of a standard reply, a signature block, or other boilerplates.
- Automate business processes with time-saving workflows. Create AppleScripts, Automator Workflows, or shell scripts and let Dragon for Mac Medical activate them by voice — automate simple workflows or multi-step business processes via simple voice commands.
Powerful transcription of recordings into text:
- Capture thoughts from anywhere, at any time, while they are still fresh to produce detailed, high-quality medical notes. Great for busy clinicians, on-the-go.
- Easily transform your dictation into text, by using a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder or the free Dragon Recorder app to capture high-quality audio files using an Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen and up).
- Accurately transcribe a pre-recorded audio file or podcast of a single speaker's voice with the same accuracy for medical terminology as transcribing your own voice recording.
- Easily proofread medical documents with the Text-to-Speech feature which enables Dragon for Mac Medical to read back your text.
Support for OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- Support for OS X El Capitan (10.11), in addition to OS X Yosemite (10.10) and OS X Mavericks (10.9)
Updated medical vocabularies
- Better performance and improved recognition and accuracy for over 90 medical specialties
Achieve even better accuracy
- Dragon for Mac Medical provides improved accuracy over version 4.x (up to 15% out of the box accuracy improvement over v4 and up to a 35% increase over v3), with optimization for latest speech recognition technology and enhanced support for more accents.
Improved support for internal microphones for freedom and flexibility
- Enhanced accuracy in using microphones built into all MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac computers. Dictate documents and speak commands directly into your Mac without using a headset for optimal flexibility and convenience.
Get enhanced support for more accents
- Dragon for Mac Medical offers improved recognition of Canadian, SE Asian, Indian, and Australian English accents.
Gain powerful voice control in Word 2016
- Dragon for Mac Medical provides support for Word 2016 with Full Text Control. Built-in commands let you effortlessly mix talking and typing.
Save transcribed files as Microsoft Word documents
- Transcription results can now be saved as .RTF or Microsoft Word format and opened in your application of choice. Previously, transcription results appeared in the Notepad, meaning you had to copy and paste them into the desired application.
Enjoy a more intuitive user experience
- Dragon for Mac Medical appears in the OS X menu bar, making all features easily accessible from a single menu. You can now change profiles right from the menu as well as instantly access preferences and tools to improve recognition. Dragon for Mac features a newly redesigned Status Window that suits OS X El Capitan and OS X Yosemite and is even easier to use because of a new guidance feature which displays the most common next steps relative to the actions you’re taking at that moment.
- Select items in any menu by using your voice. Menu walking works just like clicking a mouse —say “click File Menu” and the File menu opens, say “click New File” and a new file opens.