NEW! PDF Converter Professional 8
The #1 replacement to Adobe® Acrobat® unleashes the true potential of PDF
PDF Converter Professional 8 is the smart replacement for Adobe® Acrobat® enabling easy, yet powerful PDF creation, editing, conversion, and collaboration for maximum savings without compromise. Featuring word processor-like editing, real-time interactive collaboration with multiple people, Cloud connectivity, PDF security, compressed PDFs and Dragon Notes, it dramatically improves business productivity.
- Enjoy significant savings over Adobe® Acrobat® without compromising functionality or ease of use
- Effortlessly create 100% industry-standard PDF files
- Reduce file size before sharing or storing PDF files either one at a time or as a batch
- Make changes to PDF files with the fluidity, flexibility and interactivity of word processing
- Get accurate document conversion complete with columns, images and tables saved as editable Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
- Scan paper to PDF with superior one-click scanning
- Open or save your PDF to popular Cloud services such as PaperPort Anywhere®, Box, Google Docs™, Windows Live® SkyDrive®, Office 365, Evernote® and Dropbox
- Convert any non-fillable form into PDF forms that you can fill, complete, save and email
- Export form data from filled forms, so you can easily search, sort and filter information in spreadsheets or databases
- Use Dragon Notes to simply speak and create text notes without typing
- Share, review and collaborate directly on your documents in real-time with multiple people
- Create and apply custom stamps to all pages – quickly and easily
- Create complete PDF document sets directly from multiple Microsoft Office documents
- Highlight anything - Create a freeform highlighted area that can be over text and images
- Publish, convert, communicate and connect inside your business-critical software with the fast and easy to use shortcuts for Microsoft® Windows® and Microsoft Office
- Embed Flash® and Microsoft Silverlight® into PDF files to create attention-getting multimedia documents
- Collaborate more effectively with annotation tools that let you add notes, stamps, call-outs and more to PDF documents
- Leverage the most intelligent search and advanced information identification options of any PDF software to find what you need when you need it
- Add passwords with encryption and permission controls or flatten PDF document contents to ensure safe and secure file sharing
- Seamless integration and support for Nuance PaperPort 14
Only PDF Converter Professional offers a new Advanced Edit tab that converts and displays your document as a fully editable document. This allows much faster and more fluid editing without having to move to a word processor.
Connect to your documents in the Cloud
New connectors allow files to be opened from popular cloud services, such as PaperPort Anywhere®, Box, Google Docs™, Windows Live® SkyDrive®, Office 365, Evernote® and Dropbox.. Modified results can be returned to these sites. It is also possible to print PDF files to the PaperPort desktop application from the Nuance PDF Create printer and from the PDF Create Assistant.
Share, edit and discuss document changes using text or voice chat in real-time with multiple people.
Collect information from forms
Export data from single forms to additional file types, such as XFDF, XML and TXT. Users can also export data from multiple forms with the same data field sets to XML and CSV files that can be opened by Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet programs.
Even smaller PDF files
Reduce the file size of existing PDF documents easier than ever before with the new Reduce File Size feature. Also available is the option to reduce the size of multiple files at once in batch mode.
Speak notes without typing using Dragon Notes
Create notes quickly and accurately in PDF files by speaking them instead of using the keyboard. It’s much faster than typing and easy to do using any standard microphone and the included Dragon Notes tool.
Preview PDF email attachments in Microsoft Outlook
Get an instant visual preview of PDF email attachments without having to open them.
Additional PDF creation workflow options when
working with MS Office
Ability to print to the PDF printer from a Microsoft Office application so the file opens in PDF Converter Professional without having to save it locally. Further files can be printed with the ability to append more pages to different locations within the document.
Restricted folder access
Create a more controlled business process by giving access to certain folders by authorized people only using PDF Converter Professional 8.
Fax via email
Direct PDF files via e-mail to a fax machine using a pre-defined Microsoft Outlook address.
Enhanced stamp creation
Create signature and custom stamps in addition to the supplied set by right-clicking on a selected area. Stamps can now be applied to all pages of a document in one move.
Replace Adobe Acrobat without compromise
PDF Converter Professional 8 is the smarter value in PDF software. It offers an impressive array of features specifically designed to make you more productive with PDF in every capacity. You get all the PDF tools necessary to annotate, markup, secure and compress PDF plus additional features only available from Nuance for document conversion, search, connectivity and more.
Create PDF files from any PC application
Instantly create 100% industry-standard PDF files with security options that are fully compatible with all PDF viewers. You can even add bookmarks and transfer hyperlinks when creating PDF documents from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Take advantage of powerful word processing capabilities – in your PDF
Advanced editing functionality converts PDF files into fluid and dynamic PDF documents complete with full word processing capabilities – all at the click of a button. You gain more editing control and can update PDF documents quicker than ever before.
Don’t retype your documents
If you must work with PDF documents in other applications, don’t waste valuable time recreating them – convert them. Complex layouts with columns, tables and graphics are faithfully reproduced in Microsoft® Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, and Corel® WordPerfect® documents. You also get exceptional spreadsheet control and features to allow you to combine all pages of a PDF document into a single Excel worksheet to eliminate tedious cutting and pasting. You can even select copy and convert only the selected areas of text you need from a PDF document.
Collaborate like never before … and interactively with others
Exchange ideas and interact in real-time with other PDF Converter Professional 8 users using Gaaiho Collaboration. Share documents with others; use multi-user editing to accelerate your projects by gathering feedback instantly. Use voice, video and chat tools to eliminate the cost and time of travel. Perfect for workgroups and student teams that need to share and collaborate on important projects.
Combine and assemble documents with ease
Combine files and remove or replace pages with drag and drop ease. View and select pages from a source document — such as , Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, JPG, BMP, TIF or XPS — to insert into a target document. Just drag and drop the pages to add them into the PDF file.
Turn paper into PDF more productively
Create PDF files directly from your scanner with time-saving one-click scanning to PDF. Scan to standard image, searchable, or editable PDF formats. Scan and highlight, cross-out or underline— all in a single step.
Produce more professional-looking documents
Deliver documents that look as good in print as they do on screen—no matter where you send or view them. Combine any type of file and/or folder into striking PDF Portfolios—with attractive cover pages that guide your audience—that can be viewed with any popular PDF reader. You can even add pictures, graphics, movies, audio or 3D drawings to PDF documents to communicate your message with attention-grabbing style.
Connect your documents to the Cloud
Now you can save and access your stored documents in the Cloud by connecting directly to Evernote®, Dropbox, PaperPort Anywhere and much more. This gives you access to your documents anytime, anywhere through the web or by supported mobile devices applications.
Speak your notes
Use integrated Dragon Notes to easily speak and see your text created as notes within your PDF without typing – it’s fast, accurate, saves time and increases productivity.
Collect information with forms
Don’t let the hassle of filling out long forms slow down business. FormTyper™ automatically converts non-fillable forms into a fillable PDF forms that you can complete, save, and email. Create forms from scratch using easy to use form drawing tools. Export information in filled in forms so you can sort, search and analyze the data using popular database and spreadsheet file types such as XFDF, XML, TXT and CSV files.
Perform smarter searches
Get the most accurate conversion to searchable PDF available with any PDF solution. Search everything in a document — even the contents of bookmarks and comments — so you’re sure to find what you’re looking for. Use the intelligent Looks Like Search™ capability to quickly find content, like phone numbers, email addresses and Social Security numbers, via an alphanumeric pattern rather than exact text. Automatically highlight, cross-out or underline search results for faster, easier PDF editing.
Enhance document security
Add passwords with secure 128-bit or 256-bit AES encryption and permission controls to PDF files to control document viewing, printing, and modifications. Automatically inspect documents and remove sensitive data for safe, secure document sharing. Authenticate document owners using self-signing, Microsoft Crypto or third-party digital signatures. Or flatten everything in a document, including signatures, stamps, mark-ups, annotations, filled form fields and graphics for enhanced document security. This feature is especially useful for limiting document modification during archiving or e-filing.
- A computer with an Intel® Pentium® 4, higher or equivalent processor
- Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit Edition with Service Pack 1
- Windows XP 32-bit Edition with Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit Editions with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or above
- 512 MB of memory (RAM), 1 GB recommended
- 700 MB of free hard disk space for application files, additional space required for temporary installer files
- Web access needed for product registration, activation, Dragon Notes and obtaining live updates for the program
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 installed
- DVD-ROM drive (required for installation)
- Noise-cancelling headset microphone for Dragon Notes (not included)
- Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer’s processor, memory and available disk space exceed minimum requirements.
*Based on publicly available pricing at time of circulation and inclusion of features such as speech recognition and advanced editing.