If you are upgrading from OmniPage Professional 18, you benefit from the following innovations.
- Improved Accuracy in Layout and Digital Camera Images
OmniPage is the hallmark in document conversion accuracy and continues to improve with every new version. OmniPage Ultimate delivers, for example, an astounding 25% increase accuracy for digital camera images. Layout conversion also continues to improve to faithfully reproduce your documents in a variety of output formats.
- OmniPage Launchpad
OmniPage is all about saving you time and it just got faster, easier and more convenient. The Launchpad application opens in less than a single second. Before you even have time to react you will have the full power of OmniPage conversions at your fingertips. Now the fastest way to convert any kind of documents and send to any destination is by clicking on action buttons in the revolutionary tablet like Launchpad. How many applications give you that kind of power in so little time?
- OmniPage® DocuDirect™
Document scanning and routing now supports Microsoft Server environments
OmniPage DocuDirect is the perfect low cost solution for occasional document scanning, conversion and document routing for small businesses or workgroups that share a scanning device. It allows you to get the most out of low volume scanning devices like some digital copiers, MFPs, and All–in–One devices that have limited document conversion and network document routing capability. OmniPage DocuDirect can be installed on a network server or shared computer that is connected to one of these devices and can automatically send converted files to a predefined single destination, multiple destinations or on-demand to anyone, anywhere using barcode workflows created with the OminPage Workflow Assistant.
- Most productive and accurate conversion to Searchable PDF
PDF files are everywhere and can come from a variety of sources. They can include scanned pages, embedded images, and other types of information. Some of these elements don't include searchable text but it's not obvious just by looking at a PDF and therein lays the problem. Using a typical OCR process on text based PDF files can unintentionally destroy text element in order to create a Searchable PDF format that is a PDF Image file with a text later.
To solve the problem of creating Searchable PDFs from files on disk without having to inspect them we created the eDiscovery Assistant for searchable PDF in OmniPage 18. This process intelligently analyzes PDF files of all kinds and determines only those PDF files, or pages in a PDF file that require an OCR process. We have migrated this very p[productive functionality into OmniPage DocuDirect so the process can be centrally located using a watched folder on a server and handled automatically.
- Go mobile and listen to documents with natural sounding speech
OmniPage has been upgraded with Nuance's most sophisticated and naturally sounding speech so that you can comfortably listen to any document being read to you through your iPhone, iPad, Android or other mobile device that support MP3 audio files.
- Read your document on your favorite eBook reader
OmniPage has been updated to support the popular ePub format that is compatible with popular eBook readers. Now you can quickly convert documents and take them anywhere you go to be read with eBook applications on the Apple iPad, Android Tablets, Microsoft Surface, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Sony Reader PRS-350/PRS-650/PRS-950, Kobo eReader, Kobo Touch and Kobo Arc.
OmniPage Ultimate is the Nuance flagship document conversion and scanning application for business professionals, small businesses and workgroups that process, distribute and store paper or PDF documents.
OmniPage Ultimate is designed to make the most efficient use of devices on your network that can scan documents to a local computer or network server. It's designed to handle high volumes of documents from multiple devices, document archiving to popular ECM systems, and document conversion in Cloud storage. OmniPage Ultimate allows you to turn paper, forms, digital camera images and PDF files into electronic files you can edit, search, share and hear clearly as natural speech on mobile devices.
- Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit Editions, Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit Editions, Windows XP 32-bit Edition with Service Pack 3
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
- A computer with a 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or higher, or equivalent processor
- 1 GB of memory (RAM), 2 GB recommended
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or above
- 2.7 GB total hard drive space for all components: 300 MB for application components plus 100MB during installation, 1.2 GB for Vocalizer Expressive speech modules (120-500MB per language) or 250 MB for RealSpeak Solo (languages can be custom installed), 200 MB for PDF Create, 700 MB for PaperPort, 30 MB NCC
- DVD drive for installation unless utilizing a digital download
- WIA, TWAIN or ISIS scanner driver
- 1024 x 768 pixel color monitor
- 2-megapixel digital camera with auto-focus or higher for digital camera text capture
- Web access needed for online Activation, Registration, Live Update and Nuance Cloud Connectors
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer's processor, memory, and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large color PDF files.